Makes 24 if you do the portions correctly
115g unsalted butter + extra for greasing
85g demerara sugar
1tbsp clear honey
115g self raising flour
pinch of salt
60g ready to eat dried apricots, chopped
115g porridge oats
40g sultanas or cranberries
40g walnut halves, chopped
50g dried prunes
1. Preheat the oven to 160c 325f gas mark 3 Grease two large baking sheets
2. Place the butter,sugar,honey in a saucepan and heat over a low heat until melted.
3. Mix & combine.
4. Sift the flour & a pinch of salt into a large bowl and stir in the apricots,prunes,oats,sultanas,walnuts.
5. Pour in the butter & sugar mixture to form a dough…if it’s to stiff then add a little milk.
6. Divide the dough into 24 and roll each piece in to a ball.
7. Place 12 balls on each prepared baking sheet spaced well apart and press flat to diameter of 6cm/2.5”
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15mins.
9. Leave to cool on baking sheets.
*Any combination of dried fruit & nuts may be used to the same proportions