500g white bread mix
100g caster sugar
350g icing sugar
sprinkles (plus food colouring, if you like)
1. Pulse together the bread mix and sugar in a food processor or table-top mixer.
2. While the motor is running, add the egg and about 250-300ml lukewarm water, until a soft dough is formed.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth, about 5-10 mins.
4. Leave in an oiled bowl, covered with oiled cling film, in a warm place until doubled in size – about 1 hr.
5. Knock back dough by squashing with your fist, and divide into 20 even-sized pieces – keep covered with a clean tea towel so they don’t dry out.
6. Shape each into a sausage and place on an oiled baking tray. Cover with oiled cling film and rise until doubled in size again.
7. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove film and cook buns on top shelf for 8-10 mins, until golden.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
9. To decorate, mix icing sugar with a little water until stiff but spreadable – add food colouring, if you like.
10. Dip in the top of each bun and scatter with sprinkles.
Recipe reproduced with permission from www.bbcgoodfood.com