200g unsalted butter
60g muscavado sugar
180g golden syrup
300g rolled oats
100g dried cherries, chopped
50g stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
50g white chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Heat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/ Gas 4 and line an 18cm x 27cm baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Place the butter, sugar, salt and golden syrup into a large saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
3. Stir in the ginger and chopped cherries. Add the oats and stir until well combined and the oats are completely coated in the buttery syrup.
4. Spread onto the prepared tray and smooth with the back of a metal spoon. Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the kitchen smells of ginger and syrup.
5. Cool in the tray for 10 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack, peeling off the paper, and cooling completely.
6. Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted and transfer to the bag.
7. Hold the bag over the flapjacks and, using scissors, snip off the point of the most downward facing corner. In quick motions, wave the chocolate over the flapjacks to create a zigzag pattern.
8. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge to set the chocolate before cutting into portions.
9. Perfect with a cup of coffee for elevenses.
More delicious recipes from Kimberley can be found on her website: www.butimhungrynow.com
Follow Kimberley on Twitter: @CogitoErgoBake