250g self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
200g butter, diced
280g golden granulated sugar
50g desiccated coconut
2 medium eggs
350-450g/12oz-1lb fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Butter an oblong cake tin (about 31 x 17 x 3cm).
2. Tip the flour, ground almonds, butter and sugar into a food processor and whizz just until the butter is evenly distributed – or rub together by hand.
3. Remove 85g/3oz of the mix, stir in the coconut and put to one side. Add the eggs to the remaining mixture in the food processor and whizz quickly – or mix with a wooden spoon. It doesn’t need to be very smooth.
4. Spread this mixture over the base of the tin, then scatter half the raspberries over the top.
5. Sprinkle with the coconut mixture and bake for 45 mins. Dot the remaining fruit over the surface and cook for a further 15 mins, until firm to the touch.
6. Cool in the tin and cut into slices, squares, whichever shape you want. They will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Recipe reproduced with permission from www.bbcgoodfood.com