200g caster sugar
200g self raising white flour or
200g self raising wholemeal flour or
200g gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp icing sugar
2 tbsps strong black coffee
200g cream cheese
1. In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in the self raising flour.
4. Mix in the coffee.
5. Divide the mixture between 2 oiled and lined 20cm/8″ round baking tins.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20/25 minutes.
7. Cool the sponges on a wire rack.
8. Spread the cream cheese on one sponge layer and place the second sponge layer on top.
9. Sieve icing sugar over the top of the cake.
With thanks to Doves Farm for allowing us to publish this recipe www.dovesfarm.co.uk