315g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
255g caster sugar
115g soft brown sugar
450g chocolate pieces
290g walnuts, chopped
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C /gas 3. Cream together the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence. 2. Gradually add the eggs and mix until fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together then fold gently into the mixture.
4. Finally add the chocolate and walnut pieces.
5. Rest the mixture for 1 hour in the fridge, then roll into small balls and place onto a baking tray with a 2 inch gap between each ball.
6. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. When cooked place on a cooling rack and then store.