Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 175g self-raising flour
- 140g caster sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 140g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- 140g raspberries, fresh or frozen
For the frosting
- 280g icing sugar
- 85g butter, softened
- 4 tbsp raspberry coulis, from a bottle or fresh
- A little desiccated or shredded coconut, to decorate
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with deep paper cases or a 15-hole bun tin with cake cases. Tip all the cake ingredients except the raspberries into a bowl and beat for 1-2 mins until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
2. Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 18-20 mins (add a couple of extra mins for deep cases), until golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
3. Beat together the icing sugar, butter and raspberry coulis to make a light, fluffy icing. Spoon or pipe onto the cakes and sprinkle with coconut.
314 kcalories, protein 3g, carbohydrate 37g, fat 17 g, saturated fat 11g, fibre 2g, sugar 28g, salt 0.4 g
Recipe reproduced with permission from www.bbcgoodfood.com