140g soft toffees
2 x tubes of 6 ready-to-roll croissants
50g dark chocolate drops- or use a block of chocolate and roughly chop
golden icing sugar, for dusting
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Put the toffees into a small pan with the milk and melt over a very low heat, stirring occasionally to bring together to a smooth sauce.
3. Cool off the heat for 1-2 mins until a little less molten and thickened slightly.
4. Cover two baking sheets with baking parchment. Unroll one tube of croissant dough. Pinch together the diagonal perforated seams, but divide the dough into three rectangles along the straight crossing seams.
5. Cut each rectangle into 4 long, thin strips – so you end up with 12.
6. Drizzle a little toffee along the length of each strip, then scatter with some chocolate drops.
7. Unroll the other dough and cut into the same size strips, then sandwich together with the toffee-choc covered ones.
8. Holding the ends of each strip, twist tightly and lay on the prepared baking sheets – they’ll expand a little.
9. Once all are shaped, bake for 12-15 mins until golden and crisp.
10. Dust with a little golden icing sugar to serve and enjoy best, freshly baked.
Recipe reproduced with permission from www.bbcgoodfood.com