Delicious, impressive, quick, and easy, Kimberley Wilson taught this delicious recipe to our 2015 Cake Break prize draw winner.
200g desiccated/shredded coconut
200g caster sugar
4 egg whites
50g freeze-dried raspberry pieces
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
200g dark chocolate
1) Pre heat the oven to 160C Fan.
2) Add the coconut, sugar, egg whites, flour, raspberry pieces and vanilla paste to a mixing bowl and mix until you have a gloopy paste.
3) Use a baking tray with baking paper on it and spoon blobs of the mixture onto it to create macaroons with a diameter of around 2 inches.
4) Keep checking on the macaroons, take them out after 10-15 minutes (they should be golden) and leave to cool on the side.
5) Gently melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl over a simmering saucepan of water.
6) Dip the macaroons in the hot melted chocolate and lay them upside down to cool.
7) After 20 minutes they should have cooled down and will be ready to serve.