For the cake pops:
1 chocolate sponge cake
150g icing sugar
2 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of cocoa powder
Sprinkles and other decorations – be as creative as you like!
1. To make the frosting, beat together the butter, icing sugar, milk and cocoa powder until smooth.
2. Crumble up the chocolate cake in a bowl
3. Mix in the frosting to the crumbled cake a spoonful at a time until the mixture has the right consistency – to test this you should be able to roll the mixture into a ball without it falling apart; however the mixture should not be too moist as it will make it difficult to decorate the cake pops.
4. Roll the mixture into golf-ball sized balls, stick a lollipop stick into each ball and set aside in the fridge until firm.
5. To decorate, melt the white chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and add food colouring if you wish.
6. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Dip the balls evenly in the chocolate until they are entirely covered, and then cover them in sprinkles or other cake decorations for a finishing touch.
7. Leave the pops upside down on the greaseproof paper and set aside in the fridge until the chocolate has set.