- 125g caster sugar
- 6 tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 15g gluten free self raising flour
- 4 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps jam
- 1 tsp icing sugar
1. In a bowl beat together the sugar, oil and vanilla.
2. Peel & mash half a banana then beat this into the sugar mixture.
3. Add the flour and water and mix well.
4. Turn the mixture into an oiled 18cm/7” round cake tin smoothing the top.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Cool the sponge on a wire rack.
7. Using a bread knife slice the sponge in half horizontally.
8. Spread one half of the sponge with jam and place the other on top.
9. Sieve the icing sugar over the top of the cake.
Temperature & cooking time:
190°C/Fan170°F/375°F/Gas 5 for 30 minutes
Without Dairy , Without Egg, Without Gluten , Without Nuts, Without Soya, Vegan, Without Wheat.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.
Recipe kindly provided by Doves Farm www.dovesfarm.co.uk