135g unsalted butter
80g golden caster sugar
190g plain white flour
100g dark chocolate chips
80g light muscovado sugar
1 large egg
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C/ Gas 3 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars until pale then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together well.
3. Cream together the butter and both sugars until pale then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together well.
4. Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and add to the butter sugar mixture and mix thoroughly until a dough forms, then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Break off pieces about 1 tablespoon in size and roll into balls. Place these on the baking sheet leaving about 5cm space in between them to allow for them spreading out during baking.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
This recipe is published with thanks to Billingtons www.billingtons.co.uk