125g unsalted butter, softened
100g golden caster sugar
70g dark muscovado sugar
1 medium egg
250g plain white flour
80g white chocolate chopped into small pieces
The seeds of 8 cardamom pods
Pinch of salt
½tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
2. Using an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Pre whisk the egg and then slowly add to the mixture slowly making sure it is completely incorporated.
4. Remove the husks from the cardamom pods and use the black seeds inside. Ground the seeds in a pestle and mortar to release the aromas before adding to the rest of the mixture.
5. Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder and mix until well combined. Fold in the cardamom pods and white chocolate until evenly mixed.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and using dessert spoon, spoon balls of the mixture onto the baking sheet leaving some space between them so the cookies don’t turn into twins!
7. Place in the oven and cook for 12 – 15 minutes, they may seem quite soft when they first come out but this is fine, as they will harden as they cool down.
8. Make sure the cookies are completely cool before placing into the cookie jar (if they last that long!)
This recipe is published with thanks to Billingtons www.billingtons.co.uk