- 150ml water
- 200g stoned dates
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g sunflower oil
- 200g gluten free self raising white or wholemeal flour
- Icing sugar to dust
- 50g chopped walnuts
1. Put the dates and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat, stir in the bicarbonate of soda and allow to cool.
3. In a bowl beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the oil and self raising flour.
5. Stir in the date mixture and walnuts.
6. Turn the mixture into an oiled and lined 20cm/8″ round cake tin.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50/60 Minutes.
Temperature & cooking time:
50/60mins at 180°C/Fan160°C/350°F/Gas 4
Without Dairy , Without Soya.
Please note: Dietary status is a guideline only. If you have a food allergy, please check the suitability of your ingredients.
Recipe kindly provided by Doves Farm www.dovesfarm.co.uk