50g cocoa powder
175g self raising flour
275g caster sugar
6 tbsp boiling water
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp marmalade
135g plain chocolate
150ml double cream
1. Lay out the paper cases in the baking tray and pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/G4.
2. Mix the cocoa and boiling water together and pour into the bowl.
3. Add the flour, sugar, eggs, butter, milk and baking powder and beat together until it’s combined.
4. It’ll look runnier than a normal cake batter but don’t worry!
5. Pour into the paper cases and bake for around 25 minutes or until golden in colour – then leave them aside to cool.
6. Peel off the paper cases and cut them through the middle.
7. Heat the marmalade in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it, spoon into the middle of each cupcake then place the tops back on.
8. Add the cream and chocolate into the glass bowl and place it onto a pan of boiling water to melt.
9. After a few minutes, the chocolate will melt and the cream become silky and dark – place aside to cool.
10. Just before it sets hard, spoon onto each cupcake and spread over.
11. Decorate with chocolate chips for an extra blast of chocolate!
Get the Kids Involved: Laying out and weighing the ingredients, cracking the eggs, stirring the mixture, spooning into the paper cases, spreading the marmalade and chocolate, pouring over the chocolate chips
With thanks to kitchenmonsters for allowing us to publish this recipe www.kitchenmonsters.co.uk