250g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
280g self-raising flour
250g golden caster sugar
½ tsp baking powder
150ml pot natural yogurt
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 tsp almond extract
4 tbsp blackcurrant jam
25g toasted flaked almonds
icing sugar, to dust
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 20 x 30cm baking or roasting tin and line with baking parchment.
2. To make the sponge batter, beat the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and almond extract in a large bowl with an electric whisk until lump-free.
3. Spoon into the tin and bake for 10 mins.
4. Quickly dot over the jam, scatter over the almonds, then bake for 15-20 mins more until golden and risen and a skewer poked in comes out clean.
5. Cool in the tin, then dust with icing sugar.
Recipe reproduced with permission from www.bbcgoodfood.com