275g self raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
225g caster sugar
230ml vegetable oil
150ml orange juice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan custard powder
1-2 tbsp sugar
570ml soya milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100g plain chocolate
4 dssp vegan margarine
3 tbs icing sugar
1tbs soya dream (soya cream)
2- 3 bananas
1. Pre heat oven to gas mark 3, 160 C
2. Grease cake tins
3. Sift flourand baking soda into a bowl. Add sugar.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, water and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to a smooth, fairly wet batter.
5. Pour mixture into cake tins and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
6. Make 1 pint of custard as per instructions on the packet. Stir in vanilla essence.
7. Melt chocolate with margarine, icing sugar and soya dream.
8. Crumble sponge in a large dish. Add custard and cut a thick layer of banana on top.
9. Pour over chocolate sauce. Chill for 2-3 hours.
With thanks to the Vegan Society www.vegansociety.com