250g vegan margarine
200g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla sugar
30g soya flour
½ tsp xanthan gum
200ml warm water including juice of 2 lemons
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
150g plain flour
100g corn flour
15g baking powder
50g ground almonds
150g icing sugar
3tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1. Pre heat oven to 170c, line and grease tin.
2. Mix the margarine, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, soya flour, lemon zest and xanthan gum in a bowl.
3. Add the lemon juice to the water, add to mixture slowly. Stir continually until creamy.
4. Sift flour, corn flour and baking powder into the mixture. Fold in.
5. Spoon mixture into tin. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 1o minutes.
6. Mix the icing sugar with zest and lemon juice.
7. Once the cake is cool, spread the icing on top.