300g icing sugar
125g condensed milk
¼ tsp peppermint extract
200g dark chocolate
1. Line the baking tray with some of your parchment paper.
2. Add the icing sugar, condensed milk and peppermint extract into a bowl and mix together until it forms a sticky dough.
3. Dust a clean work surface with a little more icing sugar and roll the dough out until it’s about half a centimetre thick
4. Cut out the shape you’d like – we used a heart cutter but you can do any shape.
5. Place onto the baking tray and leave in the fridge to set for about an hour.
6. Break the chocolate into pieces into the bowl and then heat in the microwave or oven until melted.
7. Remove the peppermint creams from the fridge then dip half of each one into the melted chocolate, let the excess chocolate drip off then return to the baking sheet.
8. Experiment with the chocolate decorating, instead of dipping in half why not drizzle some chocolate over the top, or just cover one side – get creative!
9. Pop back in the fridge until the chocolate has set then serve and enjoy!
With thanks to kitchenmonsters for allowing us to publish this recipe www.kitchenmonsters.co.uk