8 oz (225g) self raising flour
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 oz (115g) sugar
1 oz (30g) soya flour
8 tbsp soya milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 oz (115g) margarine, melted
1 heaped tbsp marmalade
8 oz (225g) mixed fruit
2 oz (55g) glace cherries, halved
1. Preheat oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2.
2. Mix together the flour, spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and soya flour.
3. Beat in the soya milk, vanilla essence, melted margarine and marmalade.
4. Stir in the mixed fruit and glace cherries.
5. Place in a greased and floured 7 inch round cake tin and bake for 1 1/2-2 hours in the pre-heated oven.
With thanks to the Vegan Society for allowing us to publish this recipe www.vegansociety.com